The Martian by Andy Weir + April TBR

6:34 pm

       How do  I usually learn about good books? The movie based on a book comes out and then I decide to get aquanted with the book. "Harry Potter", "The Lord of the Rings", "The Nothern Lights", "The Hunger Games" and so on and so forth. Actually there are a lot of novels adapted into movies and it's not so bad. It's a kind of promotion of a book, I think. Maybe in other countries there's different situation and people read the book much earlier than the movie is made. For example, a lot American blogs were talking about "The Hunger Games" book before the movie was filmed, but in my country people see the book no sooner as the premier week passes. The saddest side of belarusian book stores. But I should end my sad story here and return to the main topic.

      The idea is that with "The Martian" happened a different story. This is my first so-called pre-movie book. It may sound weird, but I take it as a personal achievement. But now I can't wait to see the film. You know, there were some moments in book when I asked myself "How are they going to film this situation,ha?" I'm waiting for my answers.

       So, the book. It's hilarious. (Some kind of spoilers here.) It has a form of a diary or a logbook, where Mark Watney( the best astronaut ever  and also the main character) tells how he is going to survive on Mars after one unpleasant accedent when he stayed alone on the whole planet(no native martians, such a trouble). The first thing that amazed me is the desire to live. He didn't know if somebody would return and take him back. He was thought to be dead and nobody expected him to be alive in a month after the departure of  his crew. But he was alive and wanted to live whatever had happened. Mark has thought about the suicide just once, but all the rest time he was doing something to stay alive. It's a great quality of temper. Another amazing thing in this book is the mixture of the scientific language and understandable speech. This puzzles you and you want to figure everything out. And it feels like the real scientist wrote "The Martian", you know, the person , who had really been there and now he shares everything with you.

      So, as you can see, I defenitely in love with this book.
      P.S. This book is a part of March TBR . And now it's time to make April TBR.
      So, this month I'm going to read "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald and "A Game of Thrones" by George R. R. Martin.
      Your Lisa.

You Might Also Like

0 коммент.

Instagram

Subscribe